Opening hours and admission

Brede Manor

Today Brede Manor is part of the complex, which until 1831 was Brede Copper and Brass Works and subsequently Brede Textile Factory. The main building was built in 1795 as the country residence of the owner of Brede Works, Peter van Hemert (1734 - 1810).

The leading architect and decorator of the time

Van Hemert gave the task of the building work to an architect, who was experienced in the neoclassical architecture of the time, probably court architect Andreas Kirkerup. The decoration of the inside of the building was given by him to the court decorator Joseph Chr. Lillie. He was responsible for the ceiling and wall decoration, and presumably also much of the furniture.

Peter van Hemert goes bankrupt

The new country house should have been, and also became, a presentable summer residence for a man like Peter van Hemert, who took up a prominent place amongst the Copenhagen trading aristocracy. However, Peter van Hemert and his family enjoyed these pleasant surroundings for just a few years. In 1805 he became bankrupt and in the following years his possessions were auctioned off.

Opening hours and admission

Sundays in June, July and August at 12, 13 and 14 hours. Sign up in the information booth at Brede Works.

Adult DKK 50
Pensioners, students and group DKK 40
Child under 18 is free

(min. 10 people - max. 15)

Brede Works

Brede Manor is part of Brede Works, which is the National Museum’s industrial museum.

Share this page