The National Museum does not charge for caseworking and guidance in connection with loan cases. The borrower must however defray the direct costs related to the loan. The direct costs include:
• Transport including packing materials
• Security photo-documentation (photos for condition reports)
• Travel expenses and per diem for the National Museum’s courier
• Travel expenses and per diem for the National Museum’s head of security (in special cases)
• Any conservation costs if conservation is deemed necessary
• Any production of special displays/mountings for the exhibition if deemed necessary
All direct costs appear in the Loan Contract. The borrower will thus be informed of the conditions and prices associated with a loan before signing the contract.