From 1784 to 1845, a large, stately house on the Parade Ground opposite Fort Dansborg served as the official residence of the Danish governor in Tranquebar. Since the 1985, the building is owned by the Tamil Nadu State Department of Tourism. Thanks to a large private donation, the building was thoroughly restored by Indian experts and in 2011 ready to house the planned Cultural Centre in Tranquebar run by Indian authorities.
Text: Professor Esther Fihl and Research Assistant Caroline Lillelund, 2015
Web design and supervision: Assistant Curator Bente Gundestrup
Language editing: Research Assistant Manasa Bollempali